Thursday 8 November 2012

Strange Folk Abroad on All Hallows Eve

Hi everyone.  I have been having some more fun with a Tando Creative round printer tray.  Luckily some challenges are still offering a chance at Halloween colours so I thought I would finish up this second printer tray and enter it into the Artful Times Challenge Blog which ends in an hour!  I always did enjoy a deadline.


 Anyway, the challenge is orange, brown and white.  I didn't have any brown acrylic so, remembering lessons from school, I mixed some.  See school wasn't totally wasted!   I painted the tray and the stand and then sponged on some orange acrylic.  I cut a circle of orange patterned paper and embossed some bats, using Sizzix embossing folder and highlighted with Distress Walnut stain.  The shapes are cut from Craft Creations bronze stardream card using Sizzix decorative strip die - Halloween Shadows.  I love this die.  I have to wonder if the people are waiting for the next bus to Bedlam.  I cut the fence from the same die on plain white card.  The orange owl is by Websters Pages.  I added a pumpkin cut a 12 x 12 sheet to the stand so it matches my other Halloween printer tray (see a few post ago). 

I am entering this for Artful Times Challenge 16 Orange,brown and white 



4 comments:

Von said...

So pleased you made the deadline at Artful Times :) such a charming scene and fab background
Von ☺

ionabunny said...

Thank you glad to be playing along

Neet said...

Well you made it but I am outside of posting time with my comment - sorry! At least I am here before the next challenge is up.
Love this printer tray - what a fabulous job you have made of it. I saw that border and wondered what on earth I could do with that die - you have certainly shown the way.
Thanks for joining us, hope we see you again soon.
Hugs, Neet xx

ionabunny said...

Thank you. I am a bit of a halloween fan and loved this die when I saw it but it is turning out to be very versatile. Lots of elements not just for halloween.