Monday 31 December 2012

Merry Merry Ho Ho Ho

Good evening blog friends, I hope that you have all had a wonderful Christmas and have avoided all the coughs and colds that seem to be prevalent at the moment.  I've been working on a little project that was inspired by a recipe from Neet at Artful Times.  It caught my attention because it involved my favourite colour.  Any excuse to go blue.  So the recipe was blue, a female figure, ribbon and sparkle.  The sparkle has created problems in the photography department.  This started as a card but has become a hangy thing.  A sparkly, seasonal, blue hangy thing.  With butterflies.  After all, what is life without some flutter and I am sure that somewhere in the world  they have butterflies at Christmas.  Although certainly not in Norway.  Maybe wherever my little ballerina hales from...... 



 I started with a Tando Creative mini theatre stage which I coloured with pale blue acrylic, dry brushed with cerulean blue, then covered with irridescent glitter glue.  I used silver for the stage legs.  I stuck a piece of lace around the top of the stage.  The backing paper is from Craft Creations creative paper range.  Two stripey pipecleaners and the stamp, one of the 'Filurer' set, are from Panduro.  The ribbon bows were cream but I shaded them with broken china distress ink.  The clock is a metal embellishment.  All the butterflies are cut from glitter board and silver paper using Cheery Lynn mini dimensional butterflies with angel wings die.  A fantastic die with 7 different tiny butterflies.    An early Christmas present to myself. 




 
A close up on the little ballerina


I am entering this for 

Take care.  Sleep well.  Have a good and safe New Years eve. 

5 comments:

shulsart said...

What an adorable project and so beautiful with all the lovely butterflies. Good luck and thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Von said...

Now brought a smile to my face on this dark and wet morning :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von x☺x

Sylvia said...

Lovely vibrant colours, so cute ballerina. Just working on my entry for Artful Times couldn't think of anything to do so went with a tag and a new stamp which I adore! All the best for the New Year

Sylv x

Neet said...

Love the different shades of blue you have used in this creation - and how it evolved into a hangy. There's so much 'fun' in here and it is the perfect foil for a dark, miserable day (weatherise I hasten to add) here in the UK. Just love looking at it and finding all the different pieces you have used - love the frill.
Thanks for joining us with this great hanger
Hugs and Happy New Year - Neet (artful Times) xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful creation, love the bright colors.
Wishing you a Wonderful and Happy Year 2013.