Friday 1 February 2013

Howl if you like

Hello Nomad friends.  It's another chilly day so best to stay in and keep cuddly warm.  I have been working on 'C' for The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge.   Yet another project that started one way and ended another.  Is it just me?  Anyway, today C is for Coyote/Coyot (that's Norwegian for coyote in case you were wondering). 

'C' presents difficulties in Norwegian, as the other Scandinavian players have said.  Most 'C' words start with 'K' so not too many animals to choose from.  I picked coyote and had a vision of my page with a howling coyote silhouette.   As you can see the finished article is a little different from the initial idea......



I found a picture of a howling coyote on the net and printed it out.  Then I overlayed it with some acetate, drew the outline and cut it out.  Now I have a coyote stencil.  Excellent.  Then I thought it was a pity to cover up this lovely pattern on the My Minds Eye cardstock so I decided to have a go at some Zentangles.  OK, so it's a bit covered up!!  I came across these a few months ago and thought they looked fab and maybe something I would like to have a go at.  This is my first attempt.  The last thing I did was stick on the word definition.  I should have put that on earlier and then I could have incorporated it into the zentangles instead of just sticking it on top.  Too late to redo the whole thing now, so this is C for coyote.  

 



I have used My Minds Eye cardstock, Sizzix Ida Lou's Flowerbox alphabet and a black pen.  I got the zentangle patterns from Zentangle, with a little improvisation. 


Have a great weekend everyone.  Happy crafting. 

7 comments:

Karen said...

ooo I am reaqlly liking your coyote incorporated into the zentangle...lovely work! Thank you for taking part in our Alpha Challenge x

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the howling coyote and the zen tangles, great colours, too! Valerie

Elaine said...

Wow - this is really striking!!

paulaexuk said...

Great tangled page. Your coyote really stands out there howling at the moon. Really bold use of the colours red and black.

Sylvia said...

Love your choice of coyote, and think he looks great among the zentangle.

Claire said...

Hi Gail, I can't believe this is your first attempt at zentangle - it's great! And your colour scheme is so dramatic - it looks very striking, Claire x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous page. I've had to look twice to find the coyote.