Monday 29 April 2013

Romance, Love and Laughter

Hi Nomad followers and friends.   A big nomad welcome to Winnie who has just joined the merry band.  Another rainy day so no excuse not to craft.  Is that a double negative??  I am quite pleased with this project.  It was going to be a card but it has morphed into a hangy thing to commemorate a honeymoon in Paris and help warm a wall in a new house.  

I used a stamp from Crafty Individuals Vintage Ticket sheet CI 239 on some handmade paper.  I think it's banana, but it could be recycled clothes!!  Nice texture.  I was going to stamp a couple of times in red and blue but as you can see I got a bit carried away and used a number of different DI to create a whole sheet.  If they don't get buried in the rush they will undoubtedly be making an appearance at a later date.....

I used CI 260 Parisian Romance and put lace round the main image and used sticky pads to attach it to a piece of CI background paper.  I used the large stamp from CI 306 French Corsets on the background paper in Memento London Fog.  It's subtle.  I cut and arranged a number of the vintage tickets and added the clipped out words Travel to Paris.  The lady is part of CI 285 Hats and Bonnets.  The Spring sentiment is also CI.   I added a heart and key from Tando, both mini's.  The key I sprayed with gold paint.  I was going to paint the heart red but it fit so nicely au natural, including the soot marks!  Key to my heart??

I added an organza double bow.  Fab tutorial on tying these over at RRR.  Just make sure you used ribbon that looks the same front and back, unless you want a half and half ribbon of course.  It took a little practice but I now have a big bag of these to use on different projects.  Thanks Ginny.  

I put lace around the whole thing the added a bit of organza for a tie.  I was going to put it on a canvas but decided that was wasteful and found a piece of nice thick card instead.  So my tie and the lace are all nicely sandwiched and neat and tidied away. 

Entering this for
Crafty Individuals - Spring in Fashion
Tando - New Beginnings
Stampotique Designers Challenge SDC 97 - Trimmed Stamped Images

Simon Says Stamp and Show Passport to Fun
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  All comments gratefully received.  Take care, be crafty....

8 comments:

Jean Hardy said...

Lovely hanging - great bow, and very nice lace too! Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful wall hanging!! Love the vintage look it has!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Gio said...

Such a lovely hanging, and great composition!
Thanks for playing with us at CraftyIndividuals!

france papillon said...

lovely piece, with lots of details!
thanks for playing with us at SDC :)
france

Kay Wallace said...

I am so impressed with your handmade paper, Gail!! It is the perfect backdrop for this beautiful and sentimental wall hanging! And, I agree about that heart...looks just perfect "in the buff"!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous - beautifully done!!!!!
Sandy

Sue said...

This is fabulous Gail, I love your tickets. Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful project! The tickets look really nice and great stamping and layering. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!