Saturday 4 May 2013

ATC Cutie

Good day followers and friends.  Despite the cold, grey, rainy day, or maybe that is due to, I have been feeling a little inspired.  After getting out Panduro's Pojkar stamp set yesterday I have been having a play with some of the other stamps.  You can see BBQ boy in yesterdays post.  Today I have been playing with boy and his toy ship.  This was supposed to be a birthday card but it has ended life as an ATC.  Say la doo da.....

Here's where I started with a stamp on some plain white card.  Usually when I am paper piecing I use dies, which do make life a bit easier, but as I say to people who don't have one of those machines, knives and scissors existed first and the Victorians were renowned for paper clipping.  This is a nice simple stamp so I have gone totally old fashioned and clipped him out, the new term for that being fussy cut.  I'm feeling old fashioned so I'm clipping.....

How cute is that?!!  I raided the scraps box, hurrah, so I don't have names for the papers except I know his trousers are Basic Grey Curio Cabriole cur-3035, cos some of that was still desk from last night.  And I managed to find it beneath the mountains of other stuff on my desk.  I had decided I would spend some time putting away when I got into May but here we are and well.....  I digress.  I used a copper scrap for the bottom of the boat.  Bling.  I cut Basic Grey Curiosity COL-394 using Tim Holtz ATC die.  No corners this time.  I have edged with Versamagic Night Sky, which is also the ink I used for all the stamping.   

I am sharing this at
Ett Trykk Jubileumsutfordringer Uke 5 - Paper Piecing 
Basic Grey Challenges - Mix and Match
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Passport to Fun

Hope you are all having a fun weekend so far.  Thanks for dropping by. 

3 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Adorable card and great paper piecing. Love the backdrop too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Kay Wallace said...

I really did like BBQ Guy, Gail, but I think my heart was just stolen by the boy and his toy ship!!! Perhaps is how you so creatively "dressed" him that makes him so appealing, but, I do love him! Great ATC...you have inspired me!!

Sylvia said...

What a cute stamp, love your paper piecing. Wonderful ATC.

Sylv xx