Saturday 10 August 2013

Ahoy! Me Heartys

Hi and welcome aboard.  Doing a bit of midnight crafting.  I have been trying to do a tag for the Basic Grey challenge using some lovely paper I got the other day but you know how you have an element you want to use and can't see past it to the design.  Maybe it's just me.  Anyway, I decided to have a little look around at some other challenges and see if they could break my jam and lo and behold, a light in the east, courtesy of the Craft-room Challenge where their bingo square worked perfectly for me.  



For the bingo I've chosen to use middle straight across so it's rubber stamp, stencil or mask and brown.  The base tag is Basic Grey Offbeat Novel ofb-1390 which is a gorgeous chocolate brown with lovely white strings and bubbles.  So there's my brown.  The stamps I used are all from Kadoodle, Pirate Dan, Treasure Chest and Skull & Swords.  I stamped my pirate in black and then masked him and stamped the background using London Fog.  The yellow is Colourbox Chalk Butter.  I coloured Pirate Dan using Colourbox Chalks Plumeria, Arctic Deep and Peach Pastel and also American Craft Galaxy Markers in red, brown and black.  For the earring and the buckle I used a gold Pilot marker.  The silver charms are from Korthobby.  A little sword to see off unfriendly natives, a key to his treasure and a bone for the ships cat.  It's a tough cat OK!  


I ripped around the edge of the image and used four black pearl brads in the corners.  Every pirate should have a few black pearls.  I distressed the tag edge and used a piece of homemade washi tape for the tie.  For details see here.

Pirate Dan is joining the fun at
Basic Grey Challenges - Make a Tag
Craft-room Challenge - It's Bingo Time
Korthobby Utfordring - Fargerikt

Thanks for dropping by everyone.  I might have to send this to my nephew Danny who would probably look quite good dressed as a pirate.  Hi Danny.  Hope you all have a great weekend.  Craft on....

4 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Gail, he's just adorable! I want to make bookmark tags for my two grandsons and this would be an "appropriately" masculine image!! So cool!

Mervi said...

hi Gail,
fabulous and cute tag!
Thank you for playing bingo with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

Sylvia said...

Fabulous tag, great image of the pirate with the charms on the belt.

Sylv xx

Esther said...

Thanks so much for sharing your great tag with us at Craft-Room - love the little charms, glad we could help break your block...Esther xx