Friday 29 November 2013

Blame It On The Cat

Hello and welcome.  My crafting frenzy continues.  Starting to get complaints about not having been seen for days.  That's an exaggeration surely!!  Ah well soon December.  OMG, is that supposed to make it better?  Full speed ahead to the silly season.  I think this year needs to be arrested for speeding.  That said I am hoping for a better 2014.   2013 has been a bit of one crisis to another.  Unbelievable.  The law of threes cubed. 

I am getting a bit repetitious so apologies for that but things come out and get used and then I'm thinking I'll try that as well, while I can still find it in the chaos my craft room is becoming.  LOL.  OK, has become.  I'd roll on the floor laughing if I could find it!!



I started by selecting 2 snowflake shapes from Basic Grey Undressed chipboards Holiday Ornaments.  I forgot to take a picture of them so I took a picture of where they used to be!  Har, har.  These are basically diecut self adhesive chipboard that you get to colour yourself.  I decided to layer them to make a hanging ornament.  Before that I went a little crazy with the glittery stuff.  Just warning you. 


I decided I wanted an image in the middle of my ornament so I stamped using Hero Arts Snowman and cut him out with the matching Siziix framelit dies.  This set is called Joy Snowman.  Cute. 



I told you.  Bling.  IRL it shines, it shimmers.  The base snowflake was painted blue, still not the shade I was looking for.  I wanted something a bit cooler, but it seems to work.  I used Tando Ink Splatters mask and Imagination Crafts Jade Sparkle Medium for the pattern.  It's a lovely green colour but it's not showing so well in the photo.  It needed more bling so I filled in with irridescent glitter glue.  The top snowflake is painted white and then covered with irridescent glitter glue.  I added a bit of blue to the snowman and stuck him in the middle. Then I punched a hole in each point and added a Storyteller star to each one. 

Joining the fun at
Storyteller Utfordring 5 - Jul Uten Fargen Rød
That Craft Place Challenge - Stars
Basic Grey Challenges 108 - Cold and Frosty 
Hero Arts Holiday Challenge - A Few of My Favourite Things
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team November Challenge - Christmas
Imagination Crafts Challenge 5 - Glitter and Sparkle 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hurrah for the weekend. 

3 comments:

Connie said...

Thanx for joining us at Storyteller
We wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you back next time!

Hugs
Connie

Kay Wallace said...

I hate it when I photograph or scan something I've created with lots of bling/glitter/shimmer and shine, and it doesn't show at all!! I know everyone has that problem, but it is just so aggravating. That said, I love your snowman with all his bling and glitter! Sweet project, Gail!

Sylvia said...

Wonderful Christmas decoration, cute snowman.

Sylv xx