Friday 3 January 2014

Every Girl Needs Butterflies

Hello.  Welcome.  I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year and all good things in 2014.  Have you made resolutions?  A new year ahead and it's a good time to address the things that we have been putting off, or start something new, or both.  I have decided to use more of the scraps, to try and tidy up as I go along and get more organised.  Nothing major.  Just a few things which should be very do-able and will make my life easier.   We shall see.......

The Prima doll stamps have been around a while and the more I see them used on beautiful projects the more intrigued I become.  So just before Christmas I treated myself to one or three and here's my first project using the ball-gown doll stamp.  These are lovely but BIG.  I was thinking I might have to invest in a huge acrylic block when the cutting plate of my bigshot caught my eye.  Perfect!!



I wanted to make a thank you card for a young woman, although I may frame this as it's a big card, 7" x 9" in old money.  The colour scheme is courtesy of the December colour challenge at A Sprinkle of Imagination where we need to used at least 3 colours from ebony, mauve, peony purple, golden rod and rich orange.  I wanted to paper piece the skirt so I selected a variety of papers from the scraps and stash that I thought matched the palette.  Some I added stamping too for a bit extra interest.  Others are as found.   The orange base is a sheet of Making Memories Spook Street paper.  I embossed some mauve paper using Cheery Lynn Designs Diamond and Starburst embossing plate then highlighted with DI Dusty Concord.  The oval frame is Cheery Lynn Designs The Emperor's Swan die.  One day I'll use the swan but this frame is just so gorgeous by itself and it fitted perfectly here.



I have used my mauve Wink of Stella brush on the bodice and her hair band.  So pleased this photo caught the glitter effect.  I used Distress Stickles Black Soot for her hair. 



A close up of the skirt.



The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp.  The butterflies were cut using Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies die. 

My lovely lady is joining the fun at
A Sprinkle of Imagination - December Colour Challenge
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 113 - Thank You
A Blog Named Hero Challenge 35 - 1 and 4 one lady, four butterflies
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - New Beginnings Prima doll stamp is new 
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Our Last Challenge of 2013 Wings

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope Santa brought you lots of lovely new stash and I wish you happy crafting. 

14 comments:

LeslieRahye said...

Beautiful card! I love those mini butterflies~! love the beautiful colors! Thank you for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Challenge!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card the colours used are gorgeous, I have been thinking of getting some of these stamps but didn't realise they were so large. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the swan die.

Sylv xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Hi i wish you lots of good things for this new 2014, but specially lots of health and time to continue making paper projects...hope all your holidays went good...keep in touch
bye bibiana

Kay Wallace said...

What a sweet stamp, Gail! Yes, butterflies, diamonds, shoes and handbags! And the list goes one! Love your doll's hair!

Sandy said...

Every girl needs a dress just like this! Wonderful!
Sandy

Amy Voorthuis said...

Oh that stamp is so gorgeous and you've created a little masterpiece thank you so much for sharing and for playing with us this week at Cheery Lynn Desings and good luck xxx

shulsart said...

Iona, this is stunning. You did a wonderful job on the background embossing, a perfect backdrop for that image. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so beautiful! I am working on a dolls creation now too and ackkk, I glittered up my top, just know I didn't kopykat you okay? lol. Love this doll and the colors you used are amazing. Great use of scraps and I do love that New Years Resolution!!! Thanks for Playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Dangina Martinez said...

What a gorgeous doll. Love all the details and paper used. Thank You so much for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card, what a gorgeous colours especially love her dress.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

this is so wonderful! lady is gorgeous, and her skirt soo.. fab! love this card..Gail

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely card, the skirt looks wonderful.

jaine drake said...

Fabulous paper piecing on the skirt, I love that. Thanks for joining the challenge with A Sprinkle of Imagination this time.

Cocofolies said...

That's a really gorgeous card Gail, the dress is splendid!!! Coco x