Saturday 18 January 2014

Snow Business

Hello.  Welcome.  Special big hello to Dotty Jo who has just joined our elite following.  She also linked next to me at CCC so I will be getting to see some of her lovely work up close and personal.  Yippeee!

It's cold, it's windy, me no likey.  Decided to work on a snowy project.  Brrrrrrrr....


I used a blue base card and added a layer of paper from DoCrafts Wellington paper pack.  I also used this behind my LOTV snowman image from their Winter Wonderland Art Pad.  I have distressed the edges of all these layers and added VersaMagic chalk ink in Aegean Blue and Night Sky.  I've used Cheery Lynn Tiny Bubbles Border which I backed with a piece of paper from my inky stash.  That's bits that have had some organised or dis-organised inking!  I think this was a spritzed DI rainbow experiment.  I liked it was mostly blue with just a hint of other colours at the top end.


I cut two Cheery Lynn Snowflake 2 from blue glitter paper and put them behind the snowman.  I also cut the flourishes that come with Cheery Lynn Celtic Fire Oval Frame  from glitter paper.  I have put these opposite corners and then added a variety of elements from Cheery Lynn BAF #1 and BAF #3 Embellishments, all cut from pearlecsent card.


I was going to use glitter glue for the centers and then I decided to use Tiny Bubbles Border again!  Did you know as well as a lovely border you also get over 400 little dots in two sizes?  I have little dots all over my craft space!!  I knew they would be useful.  Don't they just make the most perfect flower centers?


The sentiment is a Crafty Individuals stamp.  I had ink on the rubber around the sentiment but thought I'd stamp it anyway and see.  Usually I'd be going a little crazy to see that extra ink but I like the effect.  A bit like a mini-snowdrift.  Mounted it on a bit more glittery card and on foam pads.  

Joining the fun at

Gosh, this should have been done hours ago but blogger wouldn't let me write a new post.  Have resorted to my old machine which suggests it's maybe not blogger but my laptop!!  Will have to have a look.  Hope it's not coming down with anything nasty!!  Thanks for dropping by.  Keep warm and safe.  Back soon.......

6 comments:

Arlene said...

What a cute snowman and great design.

So glad to see you enter the Die Cut Divas' challenge at http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2014/01/make-it-glitter.html

shulsart said...

Very frosty, Iona, the bubbles border is a perfect choice. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Sandy said...

Beautiful snowman card - brrrr!
Sandy

Kay Wallace said...

A great card, Gail! Lots of interesting elements in both your background and foreground--not the least of which is that amazing quote! Well done! Mwah!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 160 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for Januaryr - I'd love to see it there too. x

Anne said...

This is very pretty Gail, love to see a bit of sparkle on Christmas cards!

Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge - good luck!

Anne x
Lili of the Valley