Thursday 13 February 2014

Oops, Is That What Happens When You Forget The Title??

Hello.  Welcome.  Today was a day to craft.  Bad weather outside and Mr Postman brought crafty mail.  Definitely a day to craft.   Over at The Greeting Farm the challenge is Recycle and Cheery Lynn Designs want us to Frame It so.....


I started off with a piece of cardboard packaging.  I removed some of the top layer to expose the corrugations and painted it with thinned white paint.  I cut a frame in black card using Cheery Lynn Emperor Swan die.  I backed this with orange card, hand cut a layer of green mirror card to go behind and then another layer of orange card which I cut with some fancy scissors.


This is a stamp from The Greeting Farm Pretty Hat set.  I raided the scraps box and paper pieced her.  I used green half pearls from Storyteller for her necklace and the flowers were cut using Cheery Lynn Cutie 2 die.  This die arrived with Mr Postman today and I gotta say I was impressed how easy these were.  Cut and roll.  These are my first attempts.  Not too shabby huh?


I added some leaves from Storyteller, a couple more Cutie 2 flowers and a bought sentiment.  I mounted the panel on an oval card. 

My girl in a pretty hat joining the fun at

Thanks for taking the time to visit.  Please leave a little love so I know you passed by.  Keep safe, be crafty. 

10 comments:

shulsart said...

Iona, this is so cute. Love that background, looks like birch trees. Glad you like the Cuties, they really are easy to use. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Michele Cunningham said...

Love the oval card and that image is too cute.I love the flower on her hat and the green necklace is a fun touch. Thanks for joining us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

This is adorable! I love the dies you've used and the background technique is fantastic. Your first attempt with the Cuties is perfect! :o) Thank you for sharing your work with us at 7 Kids College Fund!
Hugs and blessings,
Karen

jonim52 said...

This is so so adorable, great colors. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Debbie's Time Out said...

Beautiful card. I like the frame you used from the Emperor Swan die. Love the rose on the hat too. Glad you joined the Cheery Lynn challenge. Good Luck

Anita said...

This is so cute! Thank you for joining our challenge at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a great card and a fabulous interpretation of several challenge themes! I really liked how you framed in the cardboard. It almost looks like a cool forest or a picket fence behind our girl. And she looks amazing, too! Her necklace is adorable and the flower on her hat is perfect. Such a clever creation and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

Shanna Shands said...

Really really cute card. Thanks so much for entering it in at Loves Rubberstamps!

craftytrog said...

So cute! I love this Gail! x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I love the hat! What a great design and I love the cute image. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!