Sunday 9 March 2014

Steak and Chips

Hello.  Welcome.  Inspired by Joanne Wardle's one layer card and keen to try out my new Darcy snail stamp I made this.  Next month is a BIG birthday month for my family so I need to try and get a few cards in hand. 



I started stamping the circle die from PaperArtsy SIBM4 in Limelight and the PaperArtsy snail EM04 in Peacoat.  The circles were too pale and the detail on the snail was just a blur.  So I stamped the circles with Peacoat and the snail in black archival.  Then I masked the snail and splatted with Inky Pool and orange.  Wasn't so tidy today and my box of tags was in the firing line.  Oops!!  Ah, well, just call it art.  I did the torn distressed corner thing and then decided to add the bird on a post from PaperArtsy Bloom set and the sentiment from SIDD5.  I had some JM34 flowers left over from this project so I thought I'd use them here. 

Joining the fun at
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Kort o Mania Utfordring 103 - Fargekontraster
ALBC - Are We There Yet
StampARTic February Challenge - A Pop of Colour

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend and have been lucky enough to see some sunshine.  Hugs

5 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

You got a whole lot of detail into this one-layer card challenge, Gail! I can't believe the detail in the snail stamp you used. Oh, yes, and I love "splatting"! Great card with sweet pops of color! Well done, Gail!

Lisa said...

Cool card! The ink splatter gives it that 'little extra'. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Sue said...

WOW! This is fabulous, I love the image and your background looks wonderful.
Thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month.
Sue xx

Kezzy said...

Wow so loving the splatters, love Darcys stamp, I have a set coming next week, the one with the bird. I'm forever splashing paint over everything, my camera has all sorts of paint on it lol :-) Kezzy xxx

My Hyde Away said...

Wow - this card is great! Love the design. Thank you for entering the challenge at StampARTic. Best regards from Kirsten.