Thursday 17 April 2014

Hot Pink, Grey Day

Hello.  Welcome.  I reached for the hot pink card again this morning.  A grey, cold, wet day I need a bit of bright.  They have forecast nice weather for the rest of the weekend so here's hoping.  Hero Arts have a Spring Sketch Challenge going on and I have used Sketch #2.



I folded my hot pink base card and then added a layer of the background I made using Hero Arts Asian Element stamp.  For details see this post.  Then I took a tag, stamped the same flower image in black archival and layered it onto a piece of the same flower stamped background.  All edges have been inked with VersaMagic Pink Petunia and Perfect Plumeria chalk inks.  The sentiment is also a Hero Arts stamp on some Do Craft patterned paper from their Born to Shop range.

Joining the fun at

Hero Arts Spring Sketch Challenge - Sketch #2
A Blog Named Hero Challenge 42 - Layer Cake
Bunny Zoe's Crafts March Challenge - Monochrome
StampARTic Challenge - Color Theme

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great day.  Have you started your Easter break yet?  Hugs

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card Gail! Jo x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card.

Sylv xx

Sarah G said...

Love that hot pink - it would brighten any day! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Monika Reeck said...

I love that Sakura flower stamp too..I have ever borrowed from my friend in Indonesia...and your stamping is so lovely in red and in black..sweet lovely card..

I am joining also Hero Arts challenge with the sketc #3 maybe you would like to see it on my blog? Would be glad if you could leave me some love too..hugs, Monika