Tuesday 1 April 2014

Red Clover Fairy

Hello.  Welcome.  Sunny days, cold nights.  Lots of garden time equal less craft time.  Over at Wicked Wednesday Jenn wants to see flower fairies.  Now must admit I'm not really a fairy person but I remember I had once bought, and I am fairly certain never inked, a flower fairy stamp.  It was probably a moment of madness or, more likely, a bargain!!  How can you afford not to buy??  Well, despite the years between purchase and use she at last got to taste the ink.  



I found this ATC already cut in my ATC box.  I think, although I'm not sure, that it is from a sheet of Basic Grey paper.  I inked the edges with DI Salty Ocean and then stamped the bottom of Inca Stamp The Red Clover Fairy.  I coloured with Lime Green and Rose Pink promarkers.  Love how these are transluscent and there are no worries about covering up the stamped image and also the background colours and patterns come through. 


Then I stamped the image onto white card and fussy cut the top part.  I used Wink of Stella clear for the fairy and bee wings.  I coloured her with Rose Pink, Ruby and Henna promarkers and used Colourbox chalk for her face, arms and legs.  I started with the wrong shade on her face and arms which is why they are a bit darker.  Say La Doo Dah.  Then I decided to leave the rest uncoloured.  Maybe I will colour it at a later time but I think it's quite nice as is.  What do you think??

Joining the fun at
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge 129 - Forest/Flower Fairies 
I Love Promarkers Challenge 212 - Anything Goes 
Penny Black and More March Challenge - So Sweet 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.   Hugs


4 comments:

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Gail, This is really pretty and sweet. Love the coloring.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Kay Wallace said...

Love, love, love this ATC, Gail! Before I forget, I have to say you have perfectly photographed your ATC, as I can clearly see the Wink of Stella--very difficult to catch this when photographing! Bravo! I also love how you have layered the elements! A+ on this, my friend!!

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful creation! I love the fairy image!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

Michelle said...

Isn't it wonderful when you create something with an older stamp? It's like visiting an old friend. You did a wonderful job with this ATC. Such a sweet image! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle