Sunday 28 December 2014

Very Punny

Hello.  Welcome.  Happy Birthday dear Sister, Happy Birthday To You.  HUGZ.  This is the sight that met me this morning when I got up


Everything white and hammering down with snow.  That's our garden and the red building is where all the stuff for the animals is.  Rabbits to the left of it, chickens to the right.  Not that the chickens have been out much today.  The ground's the wrong colour!!  There's a fjord usually visible far right and mountains all around, but it's a bit of a white out so you will just have to take my word for it. 


The end of the month and the end of the year!!  Over at STAMPlorations there's a lovely sketch which I used for this card.  Whilst hunting for circles and viewing my STAMPloration stamps I spotted this Sizzix die and thought it would be fun with the STAMPlorations sentiment.  I've used a whole load of my favourite techniques on this card.  There's stamps, and dies, distressing and inking the edges and using masks (for the circles).  I cut the die from MME patterned paper and coloured with Promarkers.  I love how these let the text show through and how you can add shades with the same marker by just adding more colour.  That's my kind of colouring.  

Joining the fun at
STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge 24 
STAMPlorations December Challenge - Stamps and Designers Choice April Challenge stamps and favourite technique
STAMPlorations - Anything Goes Challenge 
I Love Promarkers Challenge 250 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Pick a Fave To Die For

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

5 comments:

Nonni said...

Wow, isn't the sketch perfect for your design! :) Great globe and I love your use of STAMPlorations stamps. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Laura said...

Love the globe.
Stay warm x

Janette said...

Love your card the image and colours are gorgeous.....Thanks for joining us at I love promarkers for this challenge...
I feel jealous of all the beautiful snow, we have very little in the UK....enjoy.xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a FUN interpretation of the challenge! So creative! THANK YOU for again linking up with us at STAMPlorations!

maria f. said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch and a great pairing of image and sentiment. Thanks for gracing the STAMPlorations gallery and a happy snowy new year to you.