Saturday 3 January 2015

A Big Thank You

Hello.  Welcome.  A special Hi and Hello to Becca.  So glad you have joined my little following. 

I have been reflecting on things.  Despite being busy with life I managed to post 263 times last year.  Some of those posts resulted in prizes.  Most of them resulted in comments, and I am very thankful to everyone who takes the time to visit, and especially those who take the time to comment.  I know I have not been so good at visiting and commenting last year and I hope to get around more and share the love this year.  I am also thankful for the friends I have made and the encouragement you give me.  For the fabulous people who are sharing amazing projects and inspiration every day that allow me to learn and expand my art and myself.  For the generous individuals and companies who give so much time, effort and also goodies that make blogland such a fun place to be.  So this one is for you because I wanted to say Thank You, that you have taken the time to include me in your day.  HUGZ


I started by embossing a layer of blue card with Cheery Lynn Diamonds and Starburst embossing plate and highlighting with Brilliance Starlight Silver ink.  I cut Cheery Lynn's Emperor Swan from silver card and backed it with the embossed layer.  I cut a dark blue mount and used the Starburst Silver ink to highlight again.  I cut a thank you from silver card using Sizzix Ida Lou's Flower Box dies and stuck them to a piece of the same silver card.  Then I backed it with some of the dark blue. 

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 165 - Thank You
Die Cut Divas Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz. 



8 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Such a cool bird cutout - It almost looks like a dragon! So glad to be your follower.

massofhair said...

Lovely post Gail, great card! :-) xxx

Juliz Design Post said...

Great looking card Gail, thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Happy New Year, Julie x

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

The emperor's swan is beautiful on your thank you card. Thank you for joining cheery Lynn challenges.. Good luck.

shulsart said...

Very elegant card, Gail. I love the mix of blues and metallic silver. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Kay Wallace said...

Taking a bit of a breather from commenting in January to make time for making some art project for myself, but had to stop today and just say "Woozer!" Amazing, Gail!

Arlene said...

What a glorious swan. Lovely card. And thank you for entering the Die Cut Divas' challenge starting this brand new year, 2015.