Tuesday 7 April 2015

Head And High Heels Above The Rest

Hello.  Welcome.  I have been playing around with a fun technique proposed by MFP, a cut out panel card.  A tutorial can be found HERE.  I decided to play with Marks Finest Papers Paper Doll Paige.  

 
I stamped Paige on a piece of patterned paper and cut away a panel behind her.  I paper pieced her outfit.  I added some black layers behind my two panels before mounting on a hot pink base card.  I was going to leave it like this and add a sentiment later but......



She looked kinda sassy so I gave her a sassy sentiment.  Maybe someone should make this into a stamp cos quite honestly my poor hand is feeling very tired after scribbling all those letters. 

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox And Friends Challenge 256 - Cut Out Panel Card
Stamping Sensations April Challenge - Pretty In Pink
AAA Cards Game 36 - Easter Colors 
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
OCS April Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

17 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Hehehe - that sentiment is awesome. I love the color blocking on this card, too.

Vickie Y said...

Love the paper pieced outfit and that sentiment has be giggling! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

brenda said...

What a fun card Gail, that sentiment just makes me smile and I am a real fan of paper piecing.

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

Stampsnob. said...

Love the paper doll and the sentiment is super great Thanks for sharing at SFF MFP......Lis

Lizzy Hill said...

I've seen peeps create their own stamps>>>!!!!!! Anyways, she's a super sassy chickadee.....love her pink & purple style, too:):)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fun take on our Easter challenge and thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards. Sarah

Kay Wallace said...

Love the "sassy" sentiment, Gail, and you are certainly right that Paige appears to have just a bit of "tude" going on! Adorable card, my friend, and I just checked out the "cut panel" technique--and I love how you have tweaked it just a bit to make it your own! Well done!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Easter colors are great. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Please come again.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

You did a great job on your "sassy" gal! Thanks for playing along with us at SF&F challenge! Hope you join us again!
hugs,
Pam
SF&F DT
www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

Karen Day said...

Absolutely hilarious! I think you need your own stamp line... thanks for joining our April challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Christine said...

I love that sentiment. My DH would not say that was "sassy," just honest. Very fun card! Thanks for sharing with us on MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.

Sally H said...

A brilliant Pink creation, Gail! Love the sentiment - yes, it should be a stamp! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations for our pink month and good luck!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card and a hilarious sentiment. Thank you for joining us for the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

Shirley

pinky said...

This is just brilliant, love the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Jill V said...

Love the sentiment - I can definitely relate! Thank you so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week! Jill

Anonymous said...

Your paper pieced purse looks awesome, TFS with us this month at One Crazy Stamper.

Aaemie said...

Your paper pieced purse looks awesome, TFS with us at One Crazy Stamper.