Sunday 28 June 2015

Problems With The Bowjo

Hello.  Welcome.  Do you ever find yourself trying to incorporate a certain item into a project and it just won't go?  Or in the next project!  Or the next!!  Usually for me that's buttons, but this week it's been bows.  At The Craft Barn the challenge was bows.  How difficult is that then??  Well!!  So here it is.  On the line yet again.  A card with bows.  Well, a bow.  And a party animal.  No really.  A real party animal.  



I used the Die-namites sketch and Die-namites Party Animal.  Ain't he cute.  I used bronze card to cut him out and took advantage of the black core by sanding some texture onto his tail, face and paws.  I filled in the detail with other colour cut pieces.  I used MME and Authentique patterned papers.  I used Salty Ocean Distress ink on the top layer and also around the card edges.  I created a faux emboss look by cutting Sizzix Party word from the same paper Authentique and adding it to the background.  Three strange little sequins I found in the cheap shop the other day with the stars from the Party Animals hat added to the center.  Love those little negative cuts LOL.

And a bow.  Don't forget the bow.  Ready to party??  OMG It's a bow on a bow wow ROFL.  And look it's not even midnight.......

Joining the fun at
Die-namites June Sketch Challenge and Dare - Manly
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Use a Bow
That Craft Place Challenge - Layers 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

10 comments:

Craftyfield said...

I'm glad I had a stencil bow for this challenge, lots easier to fit in than "party animal" Having said that, you did well and the animal with all its inlaid details is looking good!
xx

Kay Wallace said...

Just a delightful card, Gail, bow and all! Bows are a big challenge for me, as I struggle with tying them every time. Beautifully done here!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Adorable card Gail! Yes, that die is so cute!

Jane said...

A fun card! Love the party animal!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Lynne Forsythe said...

HAHAHAHA Gail....you are tooo funny! And yes I have had that issue....infact I have a whole bucket of items THAT DIDN'T WORK on a project! Thank you for playing along with Die~Namites Dies June Sketch Challenge and your card is UBER CUTE.....party on!

maggie said...

A cute card.

Peggy Lee said...

Adorable and cute card.....thanks for playing along with us on the Die~Namites June Sketch Challenge!

Pammejo said...

Super adorable card. Thanks for joining us for the DieNamites Challenge

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Die-Namites June Sketch Challenge. Good luck!

Erin Reed said...

Wonderful project, thanks for playing along in the Die~Namites June Sketch Challenge!!