Saturday 25 July 2015

Can You See My Brain Waving?

Hello.  Welcome.  I have finally succeeded in making a card that is impossible to photograph.  Yeah, way to go.......... not.  So I have included three of the best.  Kinda, the cream of the crap as far as photographic skills go.  Although I think this one could be a challenge to the best of you.  And I am far from that!!  I think I shall hand it to my man and see if he can make a better job of it.  It's a big pity cos it's actually quite a stunner.  Hopefully you can extrapolate from the pictures.  



This is actually the best one.  It's all gold mirror card


Ooh look, a selfie ROFL


Under natural light the gold turns to silver!!!  But you can see the rhinestones!!!

I embossed my mirror card with Cheery Lynn Diamonds and Starburst embossing plate using Sizzix round diffuser plate.  This left me an unembossed round area.  I cut Cheery Lynn Happy Hippo from the same mirror card and just used his smile.  The flowers were cut using Cheery Lynn BAF#3 Embellishments.  I cut lots and arranged them around my circle and then added a few to the sentiment as well.  Then I had a brain wave and added a gold rhinestone to each flower.  I cut a frame from a different gold mirror card. 



Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 194 - Silver and/or Gold
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Decorate a Circle With Flowers 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Sparkle and Shine 
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday July 2015 - Diecuts 

Thanks for dropping by. Hugz

Addendum:  Photo by my man.  Very professional LOL

 

9 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Embossing on mirror card gives awesome results, I can see it's gorgeous despite the difficulties of the photographer...

shulsart said...

Wow, Gail, this is lovely. Your embossed background is wonderful. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Juliz Design Post said...

Oh Gail, I can see your card has a real WOW factor to it and a super design. I hate too when I have made a great card and it's hard for photography. Although it's my hubby that does all my photos for me I can hearing him cursing taking pics lol.
Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Lizzy Hill said...

Whoa! That is amazagobs! VEEEERY clever & brill finish [LOL!!].....loving the selfie. This card sure does.....wait for it.....SHINE....yeah. I'm going now;)

Jenny Alia said...

Beautiful embossing! Just lovely. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn challenge this past week and I hope you can join our new Anything Goes Challenge beginning today!

Lisa said...

So beautiful! Love all the gold. Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs

Jane said...

The cards are absolutely beautiful, the reflections made me laugh!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

maggie said...

A lot of patience required sticking all those flowers in place but all worthwhile. A lovely card and the recipient will see their smile reflected on it when they receive it!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love the gold and all of those flowers!! Wonderful work!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa