Sunday 6 December 2015

Fine Art And Pheasant Tree

Hello.  Welcome.  It's the last challenge of the year over at PaperArtsy.  I suppose I must get used to it.  Lots of things are coming to an end.  Makes way for lots of things to start!  But let's get some things finished first.  This masterboard was actually finished a few days ago but I couldn't work out what to do with it.  But, with the deadline looming, I started cutting and hoped something would pop up.  And strangely enough it did.......



I was looking at Alison's post and liked the stamped tissue paper so I brayered Pansy, Limelight and something green onto a piece of card.  I stamped lots of uplifting words onto tissue, ripped it up and glued it on.  Word stamps from Paperartsy, Unity, and Crafty Individuals.



I thought there was too much contrast so I hit it with the white paint.  Always a bit scary, especially this time cos it was new white paint.  Very opaque white paint.  Everthing went white!!!  Argggggg... grab the paper towels and swipe it off.  OK, we will call that a save.  It certainly brings it together.  

So now I'm a bit stuck cos I can't decide what to do with it.  Then up pops this Prima Doll I paper pieced an age ago.  She has been popping up a few times recently so I decided I would use her.  



I arranged it so she had some useful words in useful places.  Looks a bit like newsprint!!  Who else is in my already stamped box.......



 Unity's Harmony Girl.  More artistically placed words to inspire.



And Tim Holtz Retro Witch!!!   Well, it's used a few UFO's.  In this instance I actually placed the witch to take advantage of the negative space on my masterboard.  No idea what occasion this one will be for but I am sure it will suddenly be the most desirable card I have.  LOL

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you haven't been drowned, washed or blown away by the storm.  I am considering swapping the chickens for ducks, or maybe buying them all rubber wings, oops, I meant rubber rings.  ROFL.  Hugz

Joining the fun at 
Paperartsy
The Unity Stamp Co. Friends

11 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are such fun!

Lucy x

Sarah B said...

Hi Gail - love these, they show off your main images perfectly xx

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Great work!

The Craft Princess said...

It's always great when can turn an "ooops" into something amazing....I love it :) Hugs...Janie

nfabbri said...

Love Harmony Girl!!!!

cal8007 said...

What a great idea!! Lovely cards!

Ruby said...

Great selection of cards. I love Angie Girl card.

Lagene said...

Love your Unity girl on the newsprint background!

Kris B said...

Fantastic backgrounds! What an awesome technique!

Scrapper Myra said...

Great variety. Thanks for sharing.

Gaylynn said...

How fun and with cool backgrounds.