Tuesday 16 February 2016

Bear Hugz

Hello.  Welcome.  Tomorrow they have forecast bad weather.  Also the electricity company is going to be doing essential maintenance which means we will be without power for hours.  No heat, no light, no internet.  Arrrgggg.  I did think I would catch up with some crafting but if it's a gloomy day that may be a challenge as well.  I suppose I must just wait and see.  I am sure there are plenty of things to do that don't require electricity.........

Cheery Lynn have moved their challenge to a Thursday and I must admit it's hard to get my head around.  I was thinking I'd missed it but luckily, they have also made it two weekly, so there is still time to join the Tickled Pink challenge.  



I have used Cheery Lynn's Koala Ken and Oval Celtic Frame.   I cut Koala Ken from black and hot pink card.  I swapped the bits and decided to use the dark version.  I still have his alter ego to use on another project.  I backed the frame with pink mulberry paper.  I cut the frame again to give the aperture in pink Bazzill card and stamped Stamplorations Big Numbers Background with Picked Raspberry distress ink.  I smudged the ink to highlight the texture of the card.



I stamped a sentiment from Stamplorations Country Rustic and added some strips of embroidered ribbon.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 222 - Tickled Pink
Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge 
Twofers Challenge 13 - Numbers
Card and Scrap Udfordring 112 - Lag på Lag 
DRS Designs Challenge 213 - Hot & Cold 
Winter Wonderland - Have a Heart
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 143 - Animals


11 comments:

Debbie's Time Out said...

Sweet card. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

Jane Willis said...

A really fun card - love the psychedelic coloured koala! Thanks for joining us at Twofers
Jane

Kay Wallace said...

I always find pink a most difficult color with which to work, but you (and Koala Ken) have done a great job here! Great use of that mulberry paper, too, Gail!

Salnclts said...

I love the colors and the koala! :)

Bonnie Garby said...

Adorable card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Christi Conley said...

Adorable! I hope everything went well for you with the power! Fabulous to see you at TWOFERS Gail :) ~ Christi DT

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That little Koala is ADORABLE, Gail!!!!

Jenny Alia said...

This is so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and good luck in the draw!

nwilliams6 said...

Gail, this is so cute! I love that you have hugs done into the image - that is right up my alley! Wonderful card and we so appreciate you sharing it with us in the DRS Designs Challenge! Hugz

Trine-Lise Hauge said...

So cute card!

Thank you for joining the challange at Card & Scrap.
Hugs DT Trine-Lise