Sunday 15 October 2017

Library Cat and Little Whoo

Hello.  Welcome.  The 15th of the month and time for a new challenge over at Rubber Dance.  This time we want to see an Animal stamped on your creation.  Please do hop over and check out the challenge post.  The team has pulled out all the stops and amazing animals abound.  I went with some of my favourite Rubber Dance animal stamps to produce a whimsical scene.


Meet Library Cat.  He of course has wings so he can patrol the remote areas of the library shelves in his search for Bogwoppits, Hogsnarzzles and Book Worzels.  His trusty companion Little Whoo helps keep the records and aids navigation in 'L-space', which as you know is a result of the warping of dimensions in proximity to large numbers of books.  You probably have experienced this yourself, when a quick trip to the bookshop turns into a few hours lost.  


I used MME patterned paper and a Sizzix die cut.  I stamped and embossed Curious Cat, Butterfly Trio, and Owl Do Good and coloured with distress inks, sharpies and white gel pen.  I stamped the decanter from 3 Vintage Stamps on some paper scraps and added glossy accents.  Then I turned them upside down and clustered them together to make my floating lamp.  Very useful for illuminating those hard to reach upper shelves. 


I hope you have enjoyed this Sunday morning visit to the library.  Don't forget if you are shopping at Rubber Dance Stamps you can get free worldwide shipping on orders over €15 with my code GTFreeShip.  Hop on over and link up your animal creations at the Rubber Dance blog.  


There is also an animal challenge running over at The Lost Coast Portal to Creativity so why not join the fun there as well.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Library Cat and Little Whoo are joining the fun at
Joy Clair WCMD - Pick and Mix I used embossing, watercolouring and geometric pattern






5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Gail! I love the wings on the cat. I'll be mindful to watch out for Bogwoppits, Hogsnarzzles and Book Worzels in the library tomorrow, Jo x

Sue said...

This is great fun Gail, I love it! Have a fun week, Sue xx

Susanne Rose said...

Super cool card Gail! I love the bright colours!!!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Gail. This is the coolest cat EVER! He is soooo on my wishlist.
Dot x

Bibi Lindahl said...

Such a cool card, and funny library story too! Love how you used the vintage parfume bottle for lamps - so clever!! Thanks for spreading the news about our Animal Challenge at Rubber Dance ♥